Fragment of the Chapel of Nativity(Biblical Magi)
Element depicting the Magi, which is a part of the Nativity Chapel. The Chapel is a wooden altar made by Szczepkowski, and an example of Polish art of the interwar period. Maintained in geometric forms of the art deco style, the work in an innovative way refers to the folk art of the highlanders. In 1925, this altar was presented in the Polish pavilion during the International Exhibition of Decorative Arts in Paris and won the Grand Prix. The work was purchased by the French government, and the author was awarded with the Legion of Honor.
In 1927, the altar was transferred, through Mining Company, to the polish church of St. Stanisław located in Dourges. The town is located in the northern mining region of Nord-Pas-de-Calais in France.