Project of a relief sculpture called “Harvest” 1927-1928
It is a plaster project of the “Harvest” relief located on the frieze of the meeting room of the Polish Parliament in Warsaw. It is a composition closed in a rectangle showing peasants working at the harvest. In the building on Wiejska Street, nine plaster designs of Szczepkowski’s reliefs were placed.
In the first post-war years, Jan Szczepkowski, cooperating with Bohdan Pniewski, dealt with the reconstruction of the parts of the relief on the frieze of the meeting room of the Polish Parliament, which had been destroyed during the war. The reconstruction, however, concerned the reliefs designed by Jan Biernacki, because the reliefs by Szczepkowski, located on the side of Wiejska Street, fortunately survived the war.
The sculpture was made of natural plaster. It is 106 cm high, 117 cm wide and 13-15 cm thick.