Steel Mill “Warszawa” – relief sculptures, 1953-1955
These are plaster casts depicting metallurgical professions, which are to be part of the implementation of the relief decorations on the building of the Ministry of Metallurgy.
The design was commissioned to the artist in 1950. Originally Szczepkowski was asked to make a hundred reliefs for the facades of even-numbered buildings from 80 to 86 on Marszałkowska Street. Ultimately, the building was erected in 1957 without the decoration of Szczepkowski. After this incident, the artist was promised that his designs would be used for MDM construction.
The height of the reliefs is estimated between 28-31 cm, the width 11.5-13.5 and the depth 3-5 cm.