Angel with a violin
This cuboid composition from 1925 consists of synthetically arranged cubic forms that form an angel playing the violin. The sculpture was created from pine boards glued to each other and covered with bright varnish. In the Podhale region, the violin is called “złóbcoki” which comes either from the wood carving process or from the word “łób” which means a cradle.
Szczepkowski was particularly talented in woodworking, being able to subtly incorporate the natural attributes of the material into the shape of the sculpture.
The Angel is 183 cm tall, 37 cm wide and 37 cm deep.