Angel with a trumpet
This cuboid composition from 1925 consists of synthetically arranged cubic forms that form an angel playing the trumpet. The sculpture was created from pine boards glued to each other and covered with bright varnish. It is 182 cm tall, 35 cm wide and 37 cm deep.
The instrument held by the angel is most likely a trembita: folk wind instrument shaped like a straight tube, sometimes slightly curved at the bottom. It was used by shepherds, giving deep, low sound when played.
Similar composition also presenting an angel with a trumpet is a copy of the angel from Chapel of Nativity which is a part of the tombstone of Jan Szczepkowski and Maria Morozowicz–Szczepkowska on Avenue of Meritorious on Old Powązki Cemetery. The authors of the tombstone are Zofia and Karol Tchorek.